Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fine grained authorization of Weblogic Portal using Oracle Entitlement Server

Hi all,
This time I have come up with a viewlet which shows the fine grained atz of weblogic portal using OES. Fine grained atz includes page (portlet) level access and content level access based on roles specified in the OES.

I would also like to share some of the gotchas that I came up with during this OES-WLP integration. I followed the OOTB SimplePortalExample that is provided in examples folder of WL-SSM. I have found few differences with my application and SimplePortalExample. The resource PortalDefinitionManager should be created in netuix.jar which is under ejb resource.
So the final resource structure should look like ejb -> netuix.jar -> PortalDefinitionManager -> create. The authorization policy should be defined to provide execute permission to Administrator users which are weblogic and portaladmin.

Products used:
Oracle Entitlement Server 10.1.4.3 (CP3 for Admin WL-SSM)
Weblogic Portal 10.2.0

Note: Only weblogic Portal 10.2.0 is certifed with OES at the moment. I tried with Weblogic Portal 10.3.0 to test it and it failed to start the portal server after SSM instance creation.

For Viewlet and sample portal application with OES tags, please contact me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment