Friday, April 19, 2013

Connecting to OID Server through client

OID 10.1.4.3 was installed on remote server. All I know are the connection details. I could use LDAP tools such as JExplorer, Apache studio but I wanted to work on password policies configured in OID. However I did not have access to OID server to login to Oracle Directory Manager tool using oidadmin tool. Hence I have downloaded and installed the Oracle Database client 10g (10201_client_win32.zip).

While installing the Oracle DB client, use the option Administrator (installs the management console, management tools, networking services, util, basic client software).

The installation went successful however some optional components failed, so I did not bother.

I was able to see Oracle Directory Manager installed and can login to OID server through this client successfully.

I have referred this post for using OIDAdmin client tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment